Norton 8300 Series Door Closers
Norton 8300 Series Door Closers: The Norton 8301 Door Closer is made of cast aluminum that can be used in indoor or outdoor applications. All Norton 8300 Series Closers are shipped with a slim-line plastic cover, are surface-mounted and project no more than 2-1/8” from the surface of the door. All 8301 closers are Non-Handed and come with Tri-Style packaging that can accommodate Regular Arm, Top Jamb or Parallel Arm Mounting. Function: 8301 (Adjustable Sizes 1-6). Choose Finish: Aluminum (AL) or Dark Bronze (690).
Norton 8301 Series Door Closer
Door Closer Power Options:
– 8301: The 8301 Series is a Multi-Sized Door Closer that is Adjustable through the power range of Sizes 1 through 6.
Norton 8301 Door Closer Features:
– Aluminum Alloy Housing: Closer bodies are constructed of a special aluminum alloy, carefully selected to accommodate interaction with steel components and operating conditions.
– Rack & Pinion Operation: Provides a smooth constant control of the door through its full opening and closing cycle. 180-Degree door swing can be achieved when door, frame, hardware and arm function do not interfere.
– Non-Handed: The Norton 8301 closer is non-handed and can be installed on either right- or left-hand swing doors. Pinion shafts extend vertically through the closer body in both directions.
– Sweep Speed Control Valve: Allows adjustments of door speed from the door’s full position down to approximately 10-degrees from the closed position.
– Latch Speed Control Valve: Allows adjustments of door speed from approximately 10-degrees down to the door’s fully closed position.
– Tri-Style: All 8301 Series closers come with screws, brackets & soffit plate to allow for regular, top jamb & parallel arm installations.
– Adjustable Backcheck Cushion Valve: Provides control of the door in the opening cycle, beginning at approximately 75-degrees of door opening. It cushions the door opening, when the door is forcibly opened beyond its pre-adjusted limits.
– Door Closer Cover: All Norton 8301 Series Closers come with Slim-Line plastic cover. For full plastic cover see the Norton 8501 Series Door Closer.